Our Whey is sourced from hormone free grass fed cows which means you get the following benefits:
1. No growth hormones: Hormones are used to raise cattle by making them bigger faster with lots more milk. This also makes the cows more susceptible to getting ill. It also lowers your risk of having any side effects from the added hormones in your whey powder.
2. Complete Amino Acid profile: Cows that are allowed to graze freely on grass produce a much higher quality milk that’s rich in essential amino acids. This helps us build lean muscle and it will also boost our skin’s collagen production.
3. Non GMO: Grass fed cows means they are not eating things like corn which are often genetically modified. Anything genetically modified contain harmful pesticides and are linked to a number of health issues.
4. Superior health benefits: Whey protein has many health benefits apart from just building muscle. It’s good for nail and hair growth, detoxification, and growth of healthy intestinal flora. The latter is very important as a healthy gut is something which we should all try to maintain especially as 70% of our immune system in located in our gut.
5. Better for the planet: Grass fed cows produce ‘significantly’ less methane compared to cows that are forced to eat corn. Methane is one of the biggest contributors of greenhouse gases that are linked to climate change.
6. Superior taste and texture: A grass fed whey protein powder is going to taste smooth, clean and sweeter - but not the horrid sweet taste produced from adding tons of artificial sweetener. We only add 0.1% sucralose to our whey powder, the absolute minimum needed to produce a really delicious tasting protein shake.