Our two FAVORITE protein breakfast recipes EVER!
Protein for breakfast is the best way to kick start your morning. Research suggests it can reduce silly snacking habits and help control appetite throughout the day. If you skip breakfast more often than you eat breakfast then make a blender your new best friend. For those that skip breakfast our first protein recipe is the perfect choice for you. If you like to eat something in a morning before leaving the house then recipe #2 is perhaps more up your street.
The two recipes are our absolute favorite because they require just a few ingredients. Some protein recipes are just too complex. We like easy to make protein recipes for their convenience factor. Plus if you plan to make these recipes a daily habit, which we would recommend, then you don’t want something that has tons of ingredients, requires lots of preparation and different steps; otherwise the habit simply won’t stick.
#1 Breakfast Protein Smoothie Recipe
Hmm, sometimes a protein smoothie is just a great way to start the day. This one combines our delicious strawberry milkshake flavored grass fed whey protein powder along with some other fruits and oats.
- 3-4 frozen strawberries
- Small handful of frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- 6-8 oz coconut milk
- Small handful of oats
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 scoop of Strawberry Milkshake grass fed whey protein powder
- Blend everything together
- Poor into a large glass and consume
#2 Banana Protein Pancake Recipe
Nothing quite beats these protein banana pancakes. They’ve been a fan favorite at ICON HQ for sometime. Very easy to make and just need a couple of ingredients. These can be consumed daily and to add variation mix up a different topping each time.
- 1 banana
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 scoop of either ICON Nutrition’s Cinnamon Vanilla Swirl grass fed whey protein powder, Molten Chocolate or Cookies N Cream. We find Strawberry Milkshake protein powder doesn't go too well but you may differ.
- 85% dark chocolate broken down into small bits
- Nut’s ‘N More Peanut Butter (see @nutsnmoreUK)
- Add banana to blender
- Add 1/2 scoop of protein powder (any flav mentioned above)
- Add 2 whole eggs
- Blend up ingredients
- Pre heat pan, add some butter to avoid possible sticking
- Poor mixture into pan to make 1 large pancake or do small amounts to make lots of little ones.
- Flip once bubbles form and one side is golden brown underneath
- Before other side is golden brown add either dark choc topping or your nuts ‘n more peanut butter so it melts in the pan and is easily spreadable.
- Spread evenly.
- Plate up and enjoy!
If you want to try one of these recipes but don’t have any protein powder to hand, grab some here. Our whey is sourced from hormone free grass fed cows and rich in BCAAs and minerals. Per tub you get 71 servings, that’s 71 awesome breakfasts taken care of.
For a BCAA and Glutamine recipe have a look at our Amino Jelly Shots.